Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact for additional information?
Primary Contact: Bruce Carmichael 916-434-8802 (Telephone and Fax)
How are the students taken care of in the hotel?
Hello accordion 2
- Bruce Carmichael – General Manager
- Lynne Hunter – Activities Director
- Shelly Schardt – Safety Director
- Four counselors assigned to students rooms
- Students must follow the hotel rules as well as the Dusty Baker rules of deportment.
What kinds of activities take place in the hotel?
- Breakfast and dinner served as a group
- Evening meetings with guest speakers and staff
- Thursday night Pizza prior to the awards ceremony at 6:00
- Swimming upon return from practice
What does the total cost provide for hotel students?
- Hotel stay from Sunday through Friday morning checkout
- All meals
- All transportation
- Professional training each day
- Evening meetings
What Credit Cards are accepted?VISA, Master Card, AMEX, and Discovery
Can I pay by check?
Yes, Dusty Baker Baseball, 1169 Ryan Court, Lincoln, Ca. 95648
What is the address of the hotel?
Holiday Inn, Rancho Cordova Ca. 95742, 11269 Point East Drive.
What is the Release Policy?
The Release Policy is part of the application.
How many students are assigned to each room?
- 4 students are assigned to each room.
Can I request a roommate?
- Yes, we strongly recommend that each student room with a friend.
- When you register you will want to specify the name of the person. Please make sure the student you are requesting will be attending the camp.
What should I bring for the week?
- All baseball equipment (cleats, baseball pants, baseball socks, belt, catcher’s gear, supporter, bats, gloves, bags.)
- Any medication that you will need for the week.
- Personal items (casual wear, swimsuit, tee shirts, tennis shoes)
- Cell phones
- No more than $25.00 in cash
- **Dusty Baker Baseball Academy is not responsible for any lost or stolen equipment or any personal items**.
- Please mark all personal equipment for identification.
Do you provide medical assistance?
- Yes, The Academy provides medical assistance on the field and in the hotel.
- No medication will be allowed to stay with the students on the field or in the hotel room except for inhalers.
- Our trainer will keep all prescribed medication with her. The student must see the trainer to take the medication.
Will be handed out during final registration at the hotel on Sunday.
What is the refund policy?
There will be no cash refunds of deposits or tuition fees one (1) week prior to the start of any session selected. If a confirmed student is unable to attend camp for the period selected, the student’s deposit will be credited to the student’s account and may use this credit toward any session for the next two (2) years.